Home Tumblr Facebook
Posted Wednesday, September 15, 2010 // 0 comments (+)


Its time for us to take care of our body before its too late. I know we're just still so young, talking about all these seemed so far away.

But if you can keep it up right till you're old, people will look at you and say, hey! how come you still look so young and healthy huh?

My family takes health issue seriously. My dad's health isn't that good, therefore we don't really eat too fat/too oily stuffs. And mom always ask us to take care of our body too, they just want us to be healthy. ^^

I've heard about the benefits of green tea ALOT lately. And I've bought a box of BOH green tea for around a year ago. Only now I kept drinking it LOL.

These are some of the main benefits of drinking green tea. Take your time and read it.




  •  Helps to prevent cancer.There is some strong evidence that green tea included in you every day diet can reduce bladder, colon, esophageal, pancreas, rectum, and stomach cancer up to 60%. An antioxidant known as "epigallocatechin gallate"is at least 100 more times more effective than vitamin C and 25 times more effective than vitamin E at protecting cells from harmful influence.


The amazing thing about it that EGCG it not only inhibits the growth of new cancer cells it also kills some of the existing cancer sells without harming the healthy ones.

  • Lowers "bad" cholesterol and improves the ratio of "good" cholesterol. It explains why tea-drinkers can eat almost twice the foods containing cholesterol as a those who don't drink green tea, but still have an equal cholesterol count. <-- which means I can eat egg without so worry about the cholesterol!!!

  • Stops the unnatural formation of blood cloth which if not taken care of will cause thrombosis. It takes on added importance if you consider that thrombosis is one of the main causes of strokes and heart attacks. <--- Quite of my main concern because my period is super irregular. Im scared of womb cancer seriously!

  • Reduces high blood pressure and lowers blood sugar. Prevents and relieve type-two diabetes!

  •  Protects liver against toxins like alcohol and chemicals in cigarette smoke.

  • Promotes oral health - It destroys bacteria that causes bad breath, so after eating something sweet I suggest you drink a cup of green tea. 

  • Destroys free radicals that cause aging. <-- I'm so gonna tell my mom bout this!

  • Boosts your immune system function ( because of it's high concentration of polyphenols and flaveboids).<-- To those of you who always get sick. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

  • Possess antibacterial and antiviral properties. Speeds up recovery from cold and flu. 

  • Helps your body to maintain healthy fluid balance and relieve fatigue and stress often caused by dehydration.

  • Blocks main receptors that produce allergic reactions.

  • Stimulates metabolism, calorie burning process and is wildly being used as an important part of a healthy diet. <-- DIET??!?! O.O


Apart of all these, I am sure you guys are curious about its downside.

And so far, I've only found ONE.

Which is insomnia due to the fact that it contains caffein. But fret not, green tea contains less caffeine than coffee. And I've been consuming green tea for straight 3 days, without taking any normal drink (lol). And the effects on me? Yeah I can't sleep like very fast, but I don't see this as a problem!

Hope this article helps. =)

Cheers!


Search this blog
Author


Steph. Sweet 24. Leo. A girl who writes to express not to impress.(Forgive me if I accidentally impressed u LOL :P) A girl who is constantly searching for meaning of life and loves to be showered with inspiration. She wants to be somebody in the future. Keep on reading to know more about her. Leave any comments if you feel like it, she'll be glad! Rock on. ♥
Click!
Welcome!
LOVES
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket